Monday, May 6, 2013

Dog Days for Summer!

Hey guys!

Summer is here (most days)!  It's time to pack away the sweaters and take out the shorts.  Don't forget the doggy sweaters!

The blooming flowers, warm sunshine, and all the critters coming out is very inviting for puppies.  It pretty much calls their name.  So why not let them out!  It doesn't matter if you are a very active person or a relaxer, there is always something you can do with your pup outside.

For you active dog owners:

  • Go for a hike or run
  • Play puppy soccer
  • Go through obstacles at a playground
  • Go swimming
For the more chill dog owners:

  • Play fetch
  • Go for a walk
  • Sun bathe
Felix's favorite activity is simply taking his favorite toy dragon.  If you click the word "dragon" you can view this toy.  I highly recommend it.  It's sturdy against sharp teeth, easy for him to carry, and has a low squeeck frequency for picky people like myself.  

This weekend Felix and I ventured to hot springs.  He had just ran out of his special Merrick dog food.  He (just like several other dogs) is allergic to chicken.  When I originally bought him food, he started to itchy and formed a few rashes on his hip and paws.  Before running to the vet, I took him to Petco and they easily explained that he was allergic to the main ingredient in his food (chicken).  

Since I have to stay on a budget because I'm a college student, I had them help me find food without chicken and was resonably priced.  The workers quickly showed me the Merrick brand.  Merrick has different main ingredient flavors such as beef, lamb, and chicken.  I saw that there was also fruits and vegetables along with whole grains in this food, so I was sold.  Felix loves apples and other fruits and the lamb meat would prevent his break outs so that was our choice.  Ever since his rashes have faded and his coat has never felt so soft!

Of course, not all dogs are the same so why not take your pup down to Petco or visit their online site where you can get multiple coupons and sales.

Keep your dog healthy!  Keep them hydrated, feed well, and play with them! And after allllllllll that's done enjoy cuddling time on the couch!


1 comment:

  1. I find it interesting that your dog is allergic to chicken. I had no idea dogs could be allergic to certain meats, considering my dogs eat everything.

    ReplyDelete